Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ramadhan Week

                     

Yesterday, I went to the restaurant behind the Cyberia Condominium to have my lunch. When I went inside the restaurant, I saw a cashier lady and an Indian auntie sitting there. I guessed the Indian auntie was the chef. Then I went to ordered food with her. Firstly, I ordered chicken rice but she answered “today we did not sell chicken rice.” Then I ordered Chua Kuey Tiow but she answered “today we did not sell Chua Kuey Tiow too.” Finally, I ordered fried rice but she answered, “We do not sell fried rice too.”

       I felt very angry and asked her: Why you’re not selling so many foods today?  She answered “Ramadhan has started so I did not cook many foods; I just cook Tomyam food and fried noodles.”

       But I felt over hungry and I had gastric before. My family doctor had advised me not to eat Tomyam and Mee when feeling over hungry because it will harm my stomach. Therefore, I can just eat rice. 

       Then, I told her “Ms, I am feeling really hungry now, but I cannot eat Tomyam and Mee. It is because I had gastric. My doctor had told me that I cannot eat these foods. I was so hungry until I did not have energy to walk to another restaurant. Please help me to cook fried rice or other rice foods. If I did not eat now maybe I will faint.”

The Indian auntie feels sympathy with me and finally she is willing to cook fried rice for me.

I use the "Ad Populum appeal to pity" to persuade the Indian chef to cook fried rice for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment